*** 1/2 (good) ...
Pisse Dru 2009 Beaujolais ($12.25 - General List)
- serve chilled and you'll find lots of cherry and raspberry fruit.
Patriarch 2009 Pinot Noir ($10.25 - General List)
- dark berries, juicy and enjoyable
**** (very good) ...
Wente 2009 Morning Fog Chardonnay ($16.75 - General List)
- still a lovely Chard, better acidity than in previous vintages
Wente Southern Hills Cabernet Sauvignon ($16.75 - General List)
- juicy red fruit with hints of vanilla
Grove Street 2008 Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon ($14.80 - Vintages)
- plum, red berry, cherry, quite a bit of peppery-spice on the finish
D'Arenberg 2008 The Stump Jump Lightly Wooded Chardonnay ($13.75 - General List)
- nice tropical fruit: pineapple, mango, pear with a light vanilla tinge
Navajas 2005 Tinto Reserva ($16.75 - Vintages)
- very cherry with good spice notes
****+ (very good +) ...
D'Arenberg 2006 d'Arry's Original Shiraz Grenache ($19.75 - Vintages Essential)
- red licorice, anise, red fruit, hint of herbed-spice ... one of the nicest wines of the afternoon, can't wait to try this one out at a summer BBQ.
Chivite 2005 Gran Feudo Vinas Viejas Reserva ($19.75 - Vintages)
- another sip of deliciousness; a Tempranillo/Grenache blend with lovely spice/pepper, blackberry and cassis
Pol Roger Brut Champagne ($59.75 - General List)
- always lovely, toasty and baked apple notes